Saturday, July 10, 2010

San Fran Love: Part One

Summer for myself has been almost as hectic as the school year, which in many ways is better then it sounds. I have started my job and I find my self accomplishing more in the day then I usually would during the summers because I have to actually get up at a decent time. Before I had begun work my family decided to take a short trip to San Francisco! Ahhhh, the city was amazing. Besides how much larger it is then where I live it also has way more hills. We did a lot of shopping and sight-seeing which is a must with my ma. We went around the fourth of July meaning the sales were ridiculous; like many of our trips we ended up buying another suit case because of our shopping addiction ha.

As for the sight-seeing we did a whole lot of it!

IMG_0349
China town was very fun, and there were many shops and bakeries! The stores basically consisted of asian inspired trinkets and knock offs of LV and chanel.

IMG_0337
We went to the Yerba Buena Gardens right across from the Museum of Modern Art. The gardens were beautiful, full of large trees and flowers. It also include a Martin Luther King Jr. memorial of falling water. There is an out door stage where many events are held during many festivals, unfortunately we didn't have a chance to see any. Here is My ma and myself!


IMG_0241
We did take a bus tour or two haha, just to see the bridge!

IMG_0398
The tour took us to Golden Gate Park where we went to the California Academy of Science! I wish we would have spent a day at the park; it was huge. Besides the Academy o Science there was the Japanese Tea Gardens and the De Young Museum.

IMG_0279
Located in the basement was a huge aquarium!

IMG_0418
I didn't quite know what to expect when going to Alcatraz. When I started walking around in the actual jail seeing the cells, it was an eerie feeling. The island itself was actually really beautiful, there was a ton of greenery and animals who have inhabited it.




L

No comments:

Post a Comment