Sunday, July 11, 2010

San Fran Love: Part Two

The Museum of Modern Art was amazing, my favorite exhibit was the Calder to Warhol exhibit; both world renowned artists. I had seen Warhol's work before at the National Gallery in Paris but the pieces here were different and Calder's pieces mixed in created a fun feel to such a serious/strictly run museum. Through school I had studied Calder and knew he was know for mobiles, however I never though much of him. Through out the hours that we were there I developed a great appreiciation for Calder and the art he has produced. The mobiles in the exhibit were smaller then expected but they moved with ease and simplicity. I found his sculptures to amuse me the most, they were corky and fun; reminiscent of Picasso.


IMG_0344
The museum, taken from the Yerba Buena Gardens.

IMG_0490
One of my favorite Calder's. I'm not exactly sure what attracted me to the piece, maybe it was the clean lines or the fact that I have always wanted a pet fish haha! Regardless it's a beaut.

IMG_0476
Warhol

IMG_0478
Warhol

IMG_0491
Bruce Nauman; another exceptional artist. I highly suggest googling the name, his work with lights is impressive! I have always been drawn to lights, my parents think I'm wierd because I have six in my bedroom alone ha! Naturally I am a fan of Nauman.

IMG_0504
Found in the Garden on the top floor

IMG_0457
Circle of wooden chairs; various artists

San Francisco was such a unique city and I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment