Sunday, September 26, 2010

murakami versailles

Japanses artist, Takashi Murakami is one of my favorites, I was so excited when I read that his next exhibit was to be at the Palace of Versailles. With a PhD in Nihonga painting from the Tokyo University of the Arts, Murakami creates unique, modern and colourful pieces which are extremely reminiscent of kawaii culture. Murakami's corky work and the ornate rooms of Versailles contrast each other in the best way possible. I'm so envious of those who get to visit this exhibit!

takashi-murakami-exhibition-the-chateau-de-versailles-recap-16

takashi-murakami-exhibition-the-chateau-de-versailles-recap-12

dsfgsdf

takashi-murakami-exhibition-the-chateau-de-versailles-recap-15

takashi-murakami-exhibition-the-chateau-de-versailles-recap-11

takashi-murakami-exhibition-the-chateau-de-versailles-recap-5

boom
Photos from HUH.

L

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on the Versailles website. It made me think of you Ling Ling! I'm not surprised you found it and wrote about it. :)

    ReplyDelete